Our super clear, easy-to-use guidebook provides explicit instruction, outlining step-by-step directions for both teachers and students, (that means NO PREP NEEDED). With guided and independent practice, children will gain autonomy in their learning and stay focused. Built-in checkpoints, assessments, and extra practice ensure that children are reaching goals and making progress. Perfect for classroom teachers, parents, or tutors, this all-in-one guidebook ensures that you can give over the best reading instruction, no stress required.
The Cholom Guidebook builds off of the knowledge students have learned in previous lessons (Kamatz, Patach, Tzeireh, Segol, Sh’va). It focuses on:
- The vowel Cholom, phonemic awareness, discriminating between Cholom and other vowels
- Recognizing and understanding the usage of the two types of Choloms
- Building on the Sh’va rules from previous lessons with less supports
- Introducing new vocabulary and practice in context with exciting stories
- Emphasis on learning Hebrew numbers and colors
- Plural form of words (suffix “Ot”) and changing nouns from singular to plural
- Introducing and experimenting with present tense verbs
For the full Nikud Quest experience, purchase & use together with the Cholom Decodable Books + Cholom Game Pack.